No Cataracts Make Seeing Florida at 70 Great

Baltimore Washington Eye Center, Maryland

Monday, February 11, 2013

No Cataracts Make Seeing Florida at 70 Great

Florida is beautiful, unless you have cataracts.  My wakeup call came one evening while driving home and seeing that the approaching cars.  The approaching cars didn’t have headlights; instead they had beautiful bursts of star lights for the front of the cars.  Called my local optometrist who explained the phenomena to me …….. I was getting old and my sight was changing.  The good news was that it could be corrected.

I called my daughter in Maryland and told her of my situation.  She suggested investigating cataract surgery.  Great idea!   Shortly thereafter, I flew up to Maryland and had my cataract evaluation with Dr. Spagnolo at the Baltimore Washington Eye Center.  After a very thorough exam and many measurements, Dr. Spagnolo thoroughly explained what could be done and what I could expect the outcome to be.  Excellent!  I scheduled the surgery.

When I arrived for my surgery I spent a short time getting “ready” then they wheeled me into the “cozy” operating room.  Would tell you about it, but I don’t remember anything else until I woke up back where I had started my visit just a few short moments before.  The staff went back over how I should care for my eye after surgery and written instructions were provided to me, which was most helpful. Such an easy procedure. No problems.

A week later, I returned to the Baltimore Washington Eye Center to have the other eye corrected.   The very next day I had my 1 day post op appointment for my 2nd eye and my 1 week post op appointment for my first eye and then I flew home to Florida.  The whole process was covered by my insurance.  At the vibrant age of 70, I greatly appreciate a left eye that sees near and a right eye that sees distance.  Glasses free and loving life in Florida!

Guest Blogger: Linda Thomas

If you or someone you know has cataracts or is considering cataract surgery and lens implants please feel free to learn more by calling 800-495-3937, visiting Baltimore Washington Eye Center or facebook.com/baltimorewashingtoneyecenter.

Baltimore Washington Eye Center is a leading eye care practice serving the greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C. area staffed by a team of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Opticians, technical and administrative staff who provide eye examinations for adults and children, diagnosis and treatment of cataracts including cataract surgery and intraocular lens implants (IOL), laser vision correction such as LASIK, diagnosis and treatment of cornea disease, care for diseases of the retina including diabetes and age related macular degeneration (AMD) and diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma as well as contact lenses, eyeglasses, eyewear and optical services. Baltimore Washington Eye Center is conveniently located for patients from Arbutus, Carney, Clarksville, Columbia, Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Ellicott City, Ferndale, Glen Burnie, Kenwood, Laurel, Linthicum, Lutherville, Millersville, Odenton Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Towson, Parkville, Randallstown, Rivera Beach, Pasadena, Severna Park, South Gate and Woodlawn Maryland.