Cataracts & Foggy to Seeing in HD with Toric Lens Implants

Baltimore Washington Eye Center, Maryland

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cataracts & Foggy to Seeing in HD with Toric Lens Implants

I wanted to share my story of going from having cataracts and being foggy to having cataract surgery and seeing in HD. I lost count of the number of times I cleaned my eyeglasses because they were “foggy”. I also was becoming increasingly perturbed by the “brighter and annoying” headlights on vehicles these days. I refused to acknowledge that perhaps my eyeglasses did not need cleaning or that the driving distraction of oncoming headlights was based on other causes.

Having been associated with ophthalmology practices for over twenty years I am well versed in cataracts and the corrective action needed for that condition. I am also knowledgeable of the advance technology intraocular lenses available for cataract surgery patients. After placing a hand over one eye and still having a foggy vision in the uncovered eye I realized that the time had arrived that I would have to “go under the knife” and have my cataracts removed.

For the first forty-five years of my life I did not wear eyeglasses. I had always hoped that at some point I would be able to return to that status. After my comprehensive eye examination, my surgeon, Dr. Arturo Betancourt, recommended that we proceed with toric lens implants and my reliance on eyeglasses would be minimized. My experience as a surgical patient at the Baltimore Washington Eye Center was outstanding in every respect. The surgery center staff was reassuring, competent, compassionate and empathetic. By the end of the first day of surgery the vision in my corrected eye could be summed up in one word – WOW! Two weeks later after the surgery on my second eye I could only describe my vision as being High Definition, 3-D, and FIOS all wrapped up in one. Except for extremely small print I have no need for eyeglasses, I consider myself to be essentially, glasses free. Everything is so vivid and so bright that I continue to be in awe as to the change in my world of sight. The surgical procedures were absolutely painless and of very short duration. Recovery is painless and the rewards have been huge.

Guest Blogger: Phillip Harrington
If you or someone you know has cataracts or is considering cataract surgery and lens implants please feel free to learn more by calling 800-495-3937, visiting Baltimore Washington Eye Center or facebook.com/baltimorewashingtoneyecenter.

Baltimore Washington Eye Center is a leading eye care practice serving the greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C. area staffed by a team of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Opticians, technical and administrative staff who provide eye examinations for adults and children, diagnosis and treatment of cataracts including cataract surgery and intraocular lens implants (IOL), laser vision correction such as LASIK, diagnosis and treatment of cornea disease, care for diseases of the retina including diabetes and age related macular degeneration (AMD) and diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma as well as contact lenses, eyeglasses, eyewear and optical services. Baltimore Washington Eye Center is conveniently located for patients from Arbutus, Carney, Clarksville, Columbia, Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Ellicott City, Ferndale, Glen Burnie, Kenwood, Laurel, Linthicum, Lutherville, Millersville, Odenton Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Towson, Parkville, Randallstown, Rivera Beach, Pasadena, Severna Park, South Gate and Woodlawn Maryland.