Camping without Contacts after LASIK

Baltimore Washington Eye Center, Maryland

Monday, April 22, 2013

Camping without Contacts after LASIK

Camping with contact lenses is a challenge-so I am thankful for LASIK. Two years ago I was over-wearing my contact lenses because I couldn’t see anything more than a foot in front of my face without them or glasses. When I would go on a trip I’d have to bring 2 spare pairs of lenses, glasses and solution because I would be blind if I lost a contact lens. I even showered and swam with them in because I wanted to be able to see my legs to shave in the shower and I did not want to run into the side of the pool while swimming. These are both big no nos. So, after a big dose of encouragement from my coworkers and much soul searching, I decide to go for it and have LASIK. I wasn’t worried about Dr. Spagnolo’s reputation or experience level, since I had seen the procedure and the positive results many times-I was just scared of the what ifs.

The procedure was a breeze. I had a slight ache while the suction was on but nothing major and my orbit bones were sore to the touch for a few days. Dr. Spagnolo was super sweet during the entire procedure and even called me that night to check on me. I was so excited that I could see my alarm clock 3 hrs after surgery that I called Sharon and told her it was 2:37 pm and I could see it. No glasses, no Lenses and I could read the clock. Needless to say I was thrilled!!! My vision was and has remained EXCELLENT!! I wish I would have had it sooner. I can tell you if I had known how simple the procedure was and how fast the recovery was I might have had it sooner. Well, Maybe… 

Now when I go camping with my family I am free. I don’t have to worry about sanitary situations, solutions, lenses or any of the hassles and clutter that go along with contact lenses. I just see beautifully. I have spread the good word about my fantastic experience, with Baltimore Washington Eye Center, with anyone who will listen and even ones who won’t. Trust me, it’s well worth the anxiety and my vision has never been better. Suffice it to say my LASIK experience was awesome. 

Guest Blogger: Meredith Mammano

If you or someone you know would like to learn more about LASIK or schedule a Free LASIK Consultation they are encouraged to call Baltimore Washington Eye Center at 800-495-3937, visit Baltimore Washington Eye Center or facebook.com/baltimorewashingtoneyecenter

Baltimore Washington Eye Center is a leading eye care practice serving the greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C. area staffed by a team of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Opticians, technical and administrative staff who provide eye examinations for adults and children, diagnosis and treatment of cataracts including cataract surgery and intraocular lens implants (IOL), laser vision correction such as LASIK, diagnosis and treatment of cornea disease, care for diseases of the retina including diabetes and age related macular degeneration (AMD) and diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma as well as contact lenses, eyeglasses, eyewear and optical services. Baltimore Washington Eye Center is conveniently located for patients from Arbutus, Carney, Clarksville, Columbia, Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Ellicott City, Ferndale, Glen Burnie, Kenwood, Laurel, Linthicum, Lutherville, Millersville, Odenton Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Towson, Parkville, Randallstown, Rivera Beach, Pasadena, Severna Park, South Gate and Woodlawn Maryland.