Baltimore Washington Eye Center, Maryland

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Be brave and may you receive your miracle!

From age 47 to 50, my presbyopia worsened dramatically. I had dime store reading glasses at my desk, in my car, at work and every room in the house. I could read nothing without them. At the same time, my far vision had gotten so bad, I had to make one of my kids ride shotgun when I drove on the highway to read the road signs to me.  It took me a while to get the courage to look into LASIK as a solution and I am so glad I did. Dr. Spagnolo is a skilled physician with excellent bedside manner, insight to each individual patient’s condition and is a gifted technician with cutting edge equipment for these procedures. His patient liaison, Sharon, will walk you through every step of the process from first interview, exam, pre-op, procedure and post-op visits. She will answer all questions, help you with prescriptions and payments and most of all make everything as easy as possible for you and your procedure. She is one of the most caring and supportive assistants I have ever known and she is a sweetheart!

I received LASIK monovision, with one eye contoured for near vision and the other for distance. No more reading glasses. None! And I don’t even have to kidnap my children to read the roadsides any more. I am two months out from my procedure and I would say my eyes are 10 years younger. I can see details I had no idea I was missing. I can read fine print, work at my computer, read the newspaper and identify birds high in the sky. My first miracle was the day after my LASIK procedure. I sneaked to the kitchen before anyone else in the house had awakened. I made myself a cup of tea and when I spooned up some sugar, I suddenly realized I could see each and every sugar crystal. I marveled at the sparkling white crystals, like snowflakes in my spoon. I had no idea what I had been missing.  Suddenly my eyes became filled with tears as I realized the modern miracle I had just received.

If Dr. Spagnolo recommends a procedure to improve your eyesight, don’t wait. Do it now. I am a believer. My only regret is that I did not do it sooner. You will not find a better doctor or staff to perform your procedure and there is only one Sharon.

I invite any one with doubts, reservations or questions to contact me. I am a family physician, but when you call me, we will talk patient to patient. Be brave and may you receive your miracle!      


Dr. Joan