Baltimore Washington Eye Center, Maryland

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cataract Surgery & Multifocal Lens Implants

John H. had cataract surgery with Dr. Spagnolo using one of the advanced technology multifocal lens implants we offer at Baltimore Washington Eye Center.  Here is what John had to say:

“To anyone who is considering or has been told they need cataract surgery, my advice is for your own sake, do not delay. There is absolutely nothing to fear with the surgery. After I had the first eye done and the multifocal lens implanted I realized that the sky really is blue and the trees are really green. It has been seven days since I had my second surgery. For the first time in 60 years I do not need any glasses even for reading or for using the computer. Dr. Spagnolo and his team are absolutely superb, as far as their clinical skills and their patient communication skills are concerned. I’ve already told several friends that Baltimore Washington Eye is the place to go for all ophthalmic concerns, especially cataract surgery.  Dr. Spagnolo is an excellent surgeon and establishes very quickly a caring relationship with his patients. He is one of the few doctors I have absolute confidence in and respect his decisions regarding my eyesight. As Larry the Cable Guy would say- Getter done!”

Rich had cataract surgery with Dr. Betancourt, also with a multifocal lens implant at Baltimore Washington Eye Center.  Here is what Rich had to say: 

“My name is Rich Jenkins and I had multifocal lenses replacing my eyes’ old lenses. This was a life changing decision. I had one eye on July 8th and the second done on July 17th. It is as easy as coming in, getting some drops in your eyes-1 hour later you are on your way home with a patch that you remove later in the day.  My eyesight was better than perfect by the next day. 4 months later and I can see with 20/20 vision both near and far. If you are tired of wearing glasses, go to Dr. Betancourt and his fine staff.

It is a decision that you won’t regret!”